Sunday, April 25, 2010

Disney methods, and Disney up-and-coming

For S.A.C. we've been given an assignment and had to either base it on Buddhism or Disney. We all chose Disney. I guess we all decided to start avoiding religion because of the HSC pressures anyway. And I'm a Christian so I know enough about Buddhism to know why not to follow it. Not to mention how dazzling Disney is as a subject.
The assignment is to conduct a methodology on pop-culture. We can interview different generations about how they feel about Disney today and how its changed. Form a focus group of children and adults, and create a tally of their reactions to watching Disney movies. Or conduct questionnaires of the loyalties to Disney and other pop-culture groups. I was really hoping to make up a focus group, but I didn't want to annoy my mum about having a group of people over to watch movies that she finds annoying. Actually I suppose my dad and sister would of been annoyed to. So instead I'm doing the questionnaires. About thirty pages of them, fifteen to be filled out by girls and fifteen to be completed by boys, and have them spread out among different age groups. Besides Disney, the other pop-culture groups I chose were The Simpsons and anime.
Whenever I ask someone if they could fill out a questionnaire I always have to be prepared for the potential participant's response. Most of the girls and women I've asked have been very pleasant about it and I was glad for it. As a result I got fifteen questionnaires completed in two days by girls. I still have to have the rest of the questionnaires done by boys. Its slower when your trying to get males to do these things. You only get two filled out a day. Sometimes when you ask, they say, "Yeah, sure", trying to act cool like my purpose doesn't matter. And other times its, "No, I'm alright", as if I was asking them to do it for fun.
Well, that's just life. You never know what your going to get in it. Its been fun anyway. I think so far Disney and The Simpsons are going to tie. I think if The Simpsons win that means most people like short, simple and adult-hilarious. If Disney wins I think that means most people prefer to keep in touch with their childhood through media. I'm not really sure what I'm suppose to find out from pop-culture loyalties, but I'll ask my teacher.
By the way, if you think that Disney is absolutely not for adults, you should know that you are wrong. Disney does their best to make their animated classics as enjoyable for adults too, because while the target audience is the children they also need to gain the favor of the parent to bring the child. They do this by using language and jokes only adults could understand, for example in Hercules when the two little boys are trapped under a rock slide one of them says "Someone call IFCI" as in 'call 911' in Roman Times Numerals. Also if you really don't like the animated classics and want to watch something live-action and mature Disney's first and only M-rated movie is really popular. Pirates of the Caribbean. The forth sequel of the movie Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is coming out this year and I wouldn't miss it. And if you didn't see, at the end of credits of the last movie you would have seen that ten years have passed and Elizabeth and her son stand on a sea cliff and see Will returning on The Flying Dutchman.
Mothers, take your daughters to see Rapunzel in the movie Tangled. New technology has created a new look in animation inspired by the famous painting The Swing. The character Rapuzel is guaranteed to be a likeable character with a strong head, a dream to come true and a special talent. And boys may also enjoy the movie unbelievably as the movie is equally shared with an unnamed male character who shares an equally predominant role with the heroine.
And everyone, Toy Story 3. You've probably already seen the first, then second and maybe the 3D cinematic release. But in Toy Story 3 there will be a mcuh older Andy and the relationship with his beloved toys is going to change. And what will happen to Buzz and Woody in the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment